Resources on Publicly Owned Buildings

Civil Defense Headquarters

Photograph of temporary building used as Civil Defense Headquarters. Was located on knoll behind Ed Photograph

March's house in Jackson Village

Covered Bridge

Articles in Conway Daily Sun and Northern Light reporting on reconstruction started in February 2004. Article

Series of articles from out-of-state newspapers responding to appointment of Flossie Gile and Charlotte Article

Haskell as "Keepers of the Jackson Bridge" - August 1993

Letter from New Hampshire Department of Transportation requesting historical information on Jackson's bridge Document

to include in book "New Hampshire's Covered Bridges" - January 23, 1991

Map & guide to New Hampshire's covered bridges published in 1999. Jackson Historical Society is mentioned Map

Christmas 1987 photograph showing hayride wagon at the bridge Photograph

Letter from Board of Selectmen appointing Flossie Gile & Charlotte Haskell as "Official Guardians of Our Document

Bridge" - August 13, 1993

Photographof Budweiser Stallions coming through the Bridge - 1974 Photograph

Copy of "New Hampshire's Covered Bridges - a Link With Our Past" published by New Hampshire Department Book

of Transportation - 1994
1939 book on Fifteen Covered bridges still standing featuring poem by Henry

Llewellyn Matthews of Jackson "The Old Covered Bri

Jackson Bistro

2 1956 photographs showing interior when operated by Victor D. Ferguson as the Wildcat Valley Country Store. Photograph

July 9, 1928 photograph showing Rodney Charles ar work when building was a blacksmith shop Photograph

Interior and exterior photographs c.1900 when the building was a Blacksmith Shop. Two people identified - Photograph

Byron Fernald & Brackett Fernald.. Also Photograph, c.1910, of store building once located nextdoor - Frank

Wilson shown in front. Bistro now be

Jackson Community Church

Series of letters, etc. relating to "Triangle Site" location & history of first church in Jackson in 1803 known as Document

the Free-Will Baptist Church.

Brochure published for 150th anniversary celebration of present Community Church - 1996 Brochure

Photograph showing front of Church and Library before it was moved when stone bridge was built. Also show Photograph

is barn at rear of Church know as the "Hearse House" where the hearse was stored. This barn was moved up

Carter Notch Road opposite to the origina

Early photograph of church which shows barn at rear Photograph

Article in The Mountain Ear, December 27, 1985 on departure of Rev. Frank A. Graichen Article

Jackson Public Library

Letter from Hugh W. Hastings - March 25, 1940 to Trustees of the Library about distributions from the Document

Catalog of exhibition "The Architecture of William Ralph Emerson" at Carpenter Center, Harvard University, Document

May through June, 1969. Emerson was the architect of the Jackson Library building. He also designed artist,

Frank Shapleigh's house in Jackson.

Letter to Jackson Taxpayers from Jackson Barn Committee to vote "Yes" on warrant at Town Meeting in March Document

1998 for $3,500 to be expended for feasibility study on rneovating the Trickey Barn for future Library use.
Page 1 of 4

First   Previous   Next   Last   Return to Collection Page