Resources on Hotels and Lodging Places

Wentworth Hall

Copy of a photograph showing cottage once located next to the Library - from Dave Hogan's collection. Photograph

Moved to Wentworth Hall Photographs Code #2960 in Photgraphs Group.

Very early photograph of coaching party in front of main building. Donated by John Hurlin. Moved to Photograph

Wentworth Hall Photographs Code #2960 in Photographs Group.

Article dated Sptember 6, 1978 on talk given by Harry Scheiner on Wentworth Hall, Scheiner was manager for Article

29 years until the Hall closed in 1971. He recounts many anecdotes about the staff and guests. At that time

Wentworth Castle was still a part of

Article dated September 8, 1977 on talk given by Georgianna Peavey tracing the property ownerships of Article

Joshua Trickey culminating in buying the property that became the Wentworth Hall complex. This short talk is

crammed with so many facts that one must s

Article in "Northern Light" February 15, 1983 with account of restoration. Program for performance of W. S. Article

Gilbert's play "Broken Hearts" staged at Wentworth Hall on August 5, 1895.

Series of post cards depicting various guest activities - postcards transferred to Postcard Book Post Card

3 early photographs, 2 showing tennis court in front of Hall; the other a view across the old wooden bridge Photograph

which spanned the Wildcat River just below the Town Hall. This bridge replaced by stone bridge by the Library.

Moved to Wentworth Hall Photograp

Guest register - 1899 (located on storage shelf) Book

Whitneys' Inn

Article in Conway Daily Sun - October 29, 1996 on the Inn turning 60. Photograph shows Betty Whitney & Article

current owner Bob Bowman

Several brochures - earliest 1938 Brochure

Article in Ford Times - December, 1952 showing painting of Inn by Sascha Maurer (original hangs in dining Article

room at the Inn) & recipe for Christmas Plum Pudding

Article in the Reporter - February 22, 1979 on Betty Whitney's talk to the Jackson Historical Society telling of Article

days gone by at Whitneys'

Documant entitled "Historical Tid-Bits" mentioning early owners of the land which was part of Gilman's Grant in Document

1771. Chronicles Growth & improvements made after the Whitneys bought the propoerty in 1936. Property

was divided in 1979 when the Inn was s

Article in The Mountain Ear - December 16, 1983 on proprietors Judy & Terry Tannehill who started running the Article

Inn on December 14, 1982

Earlier photograph before additions such as the dormers. Moved to Whitnet's Inn Photographs Code #3020 in Photograph

Photographs Group.

Wildcat Inn and Tavern

Article in The Reporter dated March 14, 1979 describing talk given by Sylvia Boynton on the start of The Article

Wildcat Inn & Tavern with her husband Kellogg ("Cuddy") Boynton in premises owned by Brad Boynton. This

building had shops on lower floor and rental

Wilson Cottages

Several photographs. Shown are Joseph & Lydia Wilson, Frank & Laura Wilson, and other family members Photograph

circa 1890. Also photograph of Wilso Cottage circa 1910. Moved to Wilson Cottages Photographs Code

#3025 in Photographs Group.

Several brochures when Cottages were owned by William & Louise Proctor. Several examples of William's Brochure
Page 7 of 8

First   Previous   Next   Last   Return to Collection Page